Friday, February 28, 2014

Joy!

Alrighty. *Happy Dance* I have three months to stop smoking. I have a plan. I know that I can't cold turkey it this time without ending up in prison for murder. So... thanks to my wonderful android smart phone, I downloaded an app called Smoker Reducer Quit Smoking. As long as I am honest, and don't cheat, it will work. I also have Nicorette for the cravings in-between; like I said, I don't want to go to prison.

I also have to lose some amount of weight. The doctor said she wasn't going to set me up for failure by giving me a number I probably couldn't reach. As many people who know me know, I have struggled with my weight for... well, ever. So, I am using MyFitnessPal to track my food, I have several other apps by the same developer that I like as well. I am really excited about using Zombies, Run! and The Walk, they both seem like super fun apps to track walking/running.

Why is all of this important? Well, we have been trying to get pregnant for around two years now and we have been pretty unsuccessful. I started seeing a doctor in January to find out what is going on. Many things were bounced around, but the only one that may actually fit is PCOS, but I don't have the major sign. So, she told me that I have three months to get my act together, and if I still haven't gotten pregnant, then she will start me on fertility medication. SO EXCITED! She thinks that if I can get my weight under control, then I will have no problem.

That brings me to the consultation coming up with a new doctor about having Bariatric Surgery. My doctor thinks I am a very good candidate, and quite frankly the thought of being around 160 pounds within 3-6 months makes me very happy. If I have the surgery done, I would have to wait about a year to get pregnant; my weight would need to stabilize. Other than that, I see no drawbacks.
So this year will be pretty busy for me, hopefully. I am so looking forward to holding a little baby within the next year or two. Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment