Monday, February 10, 2014

Please Refer to the Blog Title for My Absence...

As the name of the blog suggests, my life is crazy. I got the stomach flu and then I decided it would probably be a good idea to see a doctor for a check-up. I also had some very specific questions, which I will get to in a bit. Some of the things that prompted this visit to the doctor are as follows:
I felt like my hypoglycemia was out of control, verging on diabetes. Well, I don't have diabetes, yay!
I am always tired, and always getting sick. They checked my thyroid and said it's fine. They did do a bunch of other blood tests though. They found out that I am vitamin D deficient, oh joy... Other than that, I'm pretty healthy.

Now for the more specific questions... I wanted to know why, after being in a relationship for 7 years and actively trying for at least 2 years, I haven't gotten pregnant. When I was in high school I was told I may have PCOS, so when my new primary care doctor recommended I go to a gynecologist to get checked, it didn't surprise me. The only real news that I got is that I have no STIs. I go back on the 18th for an ultrasound to make sure that everything is good structurally, then I have another visit the week after. I hope to start getting some answers.

It breaks my heart to think that I may never be able to have children of my own. I will most likely never be able to afford fertility treatments or adoption. I have had names picked out for a few years now too, and I don't know if I will ever be able to use them: Benjamin Christopher and Alayna Kathryn.

I am working on setting up a counseling appointment because I think it's time to get some help. I need to get out of this funk I am in and start living again.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment